I watch Iron Chef America. For those that aren't familiar with that show it's on Food Network and puts a "challenger chef" against an "iron chef". Each chef has to make 5 dishes in one hour using a secret ingredient. It's a pretty intense show. But last night I (mistakenly) thought it was more intense than normal. The ingredient was sturgeon, a very muddy tasting primitive fish, and both chefs related the challenge of cooking it. One of them even called it "#!%@#^ nasty".
Soon after I kept hearing bleep bleep bleep and thought to myself "Man, they really hate this fish!" It was only when it went to commercial that I realized the bleeping was coming from the next room. My husband was watching "The Ultimate Fighter" and apparently there were no words but curse words being uttered in that show. Good quality family entertainment. Not so much.
Sometimes one must quickly chastise oneself for being to silly then laugh hysterically at oneself which is what I did. Perhaps Iron Chef would be more interesting with the intense cursing but I'll continue to watch it anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
LOL! Have you ever watched the original Iron Chef? Iron Chef America isn't screened here but we do see repeats of the original one and its hysterically funny to watch. I'm not sure if it supposed to be funny or not though..... :)
LOL! I'm all for a curse-off on Iron Chef!
Post a Comment