My blog will rock you like a hurricane (totally just dated myself). But this is it. My blog. My oh me, where do I start. First, my blog template. I chose pink because there is a severe shortage of pink in my house. Aside from my cat, Xena, I'm the only girl and I need pink sometimes. Since this is the world according to Rena I guess I'll start with my world.
My most important role...Mommy. I'm mommy to a spirited, adorable, and loving 3 year old boy. I'm crying a little inside each day as he nears the age of 4. Four is entering big kid phase and I want him to be little and worship his mommy a while longer. But, I like to live for today so for the moment I'll enjoy all that life as a 3 year old boy's mom offers. I like to think I have a special bond with my boy. He's the best!
My next important role...wife. I've been married to my husband, Matt for almost 6 years. This December we will have been together 10 years! Somehow we manage to put up with each other. We decided long ago that staying together was much easier than breaking in someone new. HAHA! Nah, we get on each others nerves sometimes but I wouldn't trade him for anything.
Third most important...cat lady. Matt and I started out as dog people and were hoping to adopt a dog back in 2002. Then these silly little animals called cats wandered onto our patio and we decided to adopt them in one shape or form. Two live inside with us and the more feral ones live outside. You'll hear a lot about them. Trust me. We always seem to find cats to rescue as well. It's sad and satisfying all at once. I try to be a voice for cats that people don't understand. And if someone doesn't listen, I make them hear me.
Other stuff I do. I work full time out of the house. I'm a database manager for a non-profit agency. That means I take a lot of crap, learn something new now and again, and get paid very little. But I work for a great place. Lots of vacation, family flexible, paid holidays, and people who care.
I have interests and maybe someday I'll have time to pursue them. My dream is writing a cookbook and having it published. I love to cook but cooking after having a kid changes things. Time and kid's appetite plays a big role in dinner these days. I also love taking pictures and working on Photoshop or scrap booking with them. How far have I gotten with that? I finally finished William's first year scrapbook and am working on a second. Did I mention he's almost 4????
So that's kind of me. Hopefully I can keep this blog fairly up-to-date and add some pictures soon. Welcome to my world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You know I can never get enough Rena! :o)
I figure at this rate I'll get in a solid 15 minutes of work each day. LOL
Look forward to reading Rena!
I'm so glad you're blogging! :)
it seems like soon all of DF will have a blog.
Post a Comment