Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Counting my blessings

I'm not one to only count my blessings on Thanksgiving but I am one to maybe only write them down around Thanksgiving. :) I really do have so much to be thankful for.

Matt. He is truly the one person who really knows me. He puts up with (and often supports) my antics. From my wacky love of the holiday season to my endless kitty rescues, he's there. With minimal complaints. HA! Just last night we were getting ourselves excited about this coming weekend and Christmas with William. And on the flip side, when I'm not having such a hot day he knows how to "deal" with me. A glass of wine and a simple hug goes a long way.

William. My boy. My special little man. I love that little guy more than he'll ever know. For all of his crazy almost 4 year old behavior he shows 10 times as much love, caring, and sweetness. He has such a tender little heart. He makes me smile, laugh, and cry all in a span of 5 minutes.

My kitty cats. Just last night Fluffy let me lay next to him on the couch and rub and scratch him. Being born feral he's always a little leery of people but we had a breakthrough. Proof that, even after 6 years, you can teach an old cat new tricks. And our Xena cat. That crazy calico. What would I do without her on my lap every time I sit down. Or her little bread baking on my neck as I go to sleep at night. I'm also thankful for our outdoor kitties. They aren't as friendly and scatter when the door opens but deep down I know they know they are safe with us and we love them too.

I have so many other reasons to be thankful. Matt and I both have large families and we love them. We may not see or talk to everyone as often as we should be they are often in our thoughts. I have a job. I may complain from time to time (doesn't everyone) but I'm very grateful to be employed. So many others have lost jobs. :( And there is the usual...my health, my home, my life really. For all of the crazy ups and downs and twists and turns life throws at me, I have a pretty good one.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Awwww. :) I loved reading this, Rena. So sweet and special. Happy Thanksgiving!