Monday, November 24, 2008

Really, why do I bother working this week?

The week of Thanksgiving, that is. My mind is in the clouds and I have turkey and Christmas trees on the brain. Oh wait, that's right...I've used too much stinkin' vacation so here I sit. Oh well, 4 days off is plenty I guess and as long as my employer doesn't protest my worthless nature early in the week I'm good. I'm saving my time for almost 2 weeks at Christmas anyway.

I hope the boy child cooperates this weekend. This past was a mess. He had some sort of attitude. I don't know if he's got cabin fever or if it's the onset of becoming 4 but he was a booger. A typical conversation went like this -

William: Can I have a snack?
Me: Sure, what would you like?
W: [yelling] I don't want a snack! Leave me alone!
Me: [thinking] WTF?
W: Can I have a snack?
Me: What snack do you want?
W: [still with the yelling] I'm not hungry!

If that continues for 4 days I will crawl in a hole and hide even if I have to dig the hole! We had our funny moments too, though, and I need to upload some pics from my camera. William made his mama proud the other day when he presented his new "outfit"...my apron and oven mitt. He asked if he could help with dinner so I guess I'll get something easy this weekend so he can help me cook. I love that he enjoys helping in the kitchen. I'm sure there will be cookie baking too. We can't kick off the holiday season without cookies. :)

Matt has vowed to help with the Christmas decorating this weekend. The past couple of years he left it to me then would rearrange things over the next few days. We had a good laugh about that this weekend. I think we're both excited and hopefully we'll get William in the mood soon too. It's odd that a child isn't excited about Christmas but I guess he doesn't understand his time concepts well enough yet. He gets annoyed when he hears Christmas music at the store because "It's not Christmas yet." He has no issues adding to his ever-growing list of items he plans to request from Santa though.

No comments: