Friday, November 21, 2008

This is the last weekend

This weekend will be the last before I immerse myself into holiday madness! I look forward to Thanksgiving weekend all year long. I give the proper homage to Thanksgiving. We have a few decorations out and I'll wake up and check out the parade coverage (weak as it is compared to my childhood days). Then we'll trudge off to enjoy dinner with Matt's family. But once dinner is over it's game on! We might listen to Christmas music on the way home and we'll definitely choose a Christmas movie to watch before we fall into our turkey induced slumber. This year the boys have chosen Polar Express. Not my personal favorite but it's not ALL about me. HA!

Friday is my day. I'll have hot cider simmering on the stove. We'll have some nice hot soup in the crockpot waiting to nibble when we are hungry. I may have the first batch of Christmas cookies waiting. Then we'll decorate. All.Day.Long. By Friday evening we'll be exhausted but in the Christmas spirit. We'll have a tree up by the end of the weekend. I'm pretty excited about it this year. William is finally getting big enough that I think he'll enjoy that process. Last year he had a meltdown after seeing a train that is meant to be placed in the tree as a decoration. Matt went off to pick out a tree while I soothed William's broken heart (we had told him no, he couldn't have the train). Fingers crossed for no meltdowns this year.

No comments: