I take a lot of still photos and Matt takes a lot of video clips involving William trying to capture his childhood that is all to quickly passing us by. But sometimes I just need to stop and take in the moment. I had one of those moments this morning. I woke up at 5:00 to start my day and when I went upstairs after feeding the cats I found William in his room sitting on his bed. He decided to be up for the day which is a treat for me since he is usually still in bed when I leave in the morning. He hung out with me while I got ready for work and I told him when I was done we could hang the candy canes he had picked out the night before on his Christmas tree (he has a small tree in his room). He was so happy and excited.
After I finished my morning routine we grabbed his candy canes and started hanging. I love how kids like to hang things on a Christmas tree in one big clump. When he was finished he asked me to plug in the lights and he turned off his overhead light. He stood there staring at his tree with the most beautiful sense of wonder in his eyes. He said "Wow! Look at that. The candy canes glow." These are the moments you don't need a photo to remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment